Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Fun and Crafty Christmas Gifts!

Linking up again today to the Oh What Fun it is to....and today it is Craft!  Meredith, an AWESOME mama, is heading up the link today!

I made a pact with myself that I would do a better job this year with extra, little gifts for neighbors, the kids class mates, etc.  I am actually working on these today (work is slow, thank goodness :)) and I wanted to share what I have done so far...

First - my neighbor gifts. I found this list of fun gift ideas on Pinterest and I did not pin it and can not find it!!  So I feel bad not giving the link, but yall know there are tons of fun ideas out there. 

I bagged two bottles of sprinkles, made a tag with scrap-booking materials that said "May your Christmas be SPRINKLED with Cheer!" Cute huh?!  So easy and fast!!


Next, I am working on the gifts for Claire and Owen's classmates.  I found this poem here on Pinterest.  This was just the sweetest poem for my kids to take to school on their gifts (private school, so okay :))

As you hold these candies in your hand,

Turn them and you will see,

The M becomes a W, and E, becomes a 3.

They tell the Christmas Story;

It’s the one I’m sure you know.

It took place in a stable a long, long time ago.

The E is for the East, where the star shone so bright.

The M is for the Manger

Where Baby Jesus slept that night.

The 3 is for the Wise Men

Bearing gifts, the say they came.

W is for Worship, hallelujah, praise His name.

So as you eat these candies,

Or share them with a friend,

Remember the meaning of Christmas,

It’s a love story that never ends.

I am going to print this poem out on tags and then tie to bags of red and green M&Ms.  How cute huh?!  I will post a finished picture before the kids take them to school Friday!

Happy Crafting!! Make sure and check out all the other fun crafting ideas here!!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I loooove the sprinkles idea...so cute and different.

The Bost Family said...

What a cute class gift idea! I am totally stealing it! Thanks for sharing!
Mary

Ashley said...

I love the sprinkles bag.....such a cute idea and very different.

the tichenor family said...

LOVE these ideas, so thoughtful! Who doesn't love some sprinkles? What a cute little gift idea. Thanks for linking up... Merry Christmas!