Claire and Owen - Sept 2006
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Claire and Owen - Sept 2006
Monday, September 29, 2008
Saturday - The hogs are really letting us down this year, but I bought some really cute outfits for Claire and Owen, so we are trying (really hard) to hold on to the Razorback spirit, but look cute doing it!!
This picture makes me laugh - I wanted to take a pic of Claire, so she posed, while still watching TV =)!O is wearing one of his new shirts from Bibs and Cribs!! I think Amanda did an awesome job and I love, isn't it cute...he is such a little mess!!
Lane had an adorable party for Sterling Saturday!! The kids had fun at the monkey themed party on Sterling's new swing set and the jump house!! Owen spent the first half of the party like this =)....out!!Miss Emma!Claire and Uncle Mitch =)Claire and her BFF Kennedy! Look at how filthy Claire is...O and the birthday boy....I tried to get them to pose, but this is the best I could get!Happy Birthday Sterling!! We love you very much and you keep us cracking up all the time =)!! We are so proud of the big boy you are becoming and can't wait watch you grow up...and see what you put your deserving father through =) (Sorry Lane, but you know you can the same about Shane =))
Sweet Emma and Claire after the party at home in Claire's bed =) Saturday night - We got a sitter, and went to Fayetteville for Bikes, Blues, and BBQ!! This was our first time to ever venture to this Biker Event, it was fun! I got Owen a great Tshirt and Shane hopes to own a Harley one day (I only am okay with it as I think it would be fun to wear a leather jacket and chaps =)), so he loved it! The whole crew went with us and here are some pictures...
This picture is of Dickson Street to give you a slight idea of the Bikers...Me and My ShaneTravis and Erin Neil and NicoleMom and JakeMitch and BrookeThis would be the couple sitting next to us...me, being the faithful blogger I am, was insisting that we get a picture of each couple around the table. As we did, she thought it would be funny and ask us to take a picture of them too, making fun of us HA!....little did she know who she was dealing with and now their picture is posted for all the Internet to see =)....all in good fun HAHA!I think he looks hot on a bike =) You may be wondering where is Tara?? Well she was there with some friends....and I did not get a picture...go look at her blog, only Tara would be on Dickson street during Bikes Blues an BBQ wearing a short flapper dress and heels =)!!
Hope you had a great weekend!! Stay tuned soon for the fabulous Weekly Tutu Post from today =)!!! I know you are at the edge of your seat =)...
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.
These are the rules for The Smile Award:
1. The recipient must link back the the award’s creator
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
So here are my smile award winners and why:
Tara - Because she is my little sister and I have to =)....just kidding - Tara makes me smile everyday as I am sooooo proud of her!!
Maggie - If you have not checked out Maggie's blog, YOU HAVE TO!! She makes me smile more than any other blog because she is just so damn funny!! Read this or this!!
Carolyn - Carolyn is so much fun and I love to read about her "30 Before 30" adventures! She is sooooooo hot (that is how you describe cool single women =)) and has FABULOUS clothes!! I also love her because she loves her family so much and I think that is so important!!
Becky - Becky is Maggie's sister and is new to blogging, so go check her out! She has one of the cutest little kindergartners I have ever seen!! Miss Natalie makes me smile all the time!!
Brittney - Brittney has 2 adorable little girls that make me smile every time I see them!! Nothing makes me smile more than the adorable bows on Baby Jules!! And Jillian is such a little spit fire and I love to hear about her current obsessions! And I always laugh at how much B and I have in common, how did Shane and Seth pick such perfect women?? HAHAHAHA
Dallas - Dallas is another one of my favorite bloggers as she is HILARIOUS!! She is so honest and I laugh out loud at her journals of motherhood!! And it helps that she has 2 adorable little girls!! Dallas is also one of the kindest women I know and she had some great advice when I was nervous about Claire and school (Thanks again =))
Amanda - Amanda and I just met through blogging (even though we live just down the road from each other =)), but she is super sweet!! She has the cutest baby girl, Addison and is also a lover of some of the cutest bows EVER!! You need to go check out her business, Bibs and Cribs! She is making Claire and Owen some adorable shirts that are sure to make all of yall smile soon!! I am smiling as me and Amanda are going to meet tomorrow and she is going to try to come to KQ!!
Amy and Lane - yall already received the award, but I love yall too!! You make me smile all the time with your kindness and sweet words!!
Thanks Kristy!! If you had not given me the award, I would have given you one too!! You make me laugh all the time with your funny blogs and stories of raising 2 super sweet and adorable little girls!! And you know I love you because you love the hogs!!!
So since it is ALLLLMOOOOST Friday, will be by the time most of you read this....here is a recipe that you should totally make this weekend and I SWEAR it will make you smile!!
Your favorite Sangria (I use the box Sangria, WT I know, but it is the best and it is ALOT and you will want to make ALOT =))
2 cups of water
2 cups of sugar
Cinnamon (depending on how strong you want it, I put about 5 good shakes of the bottle in or you can use several sticks)
Earlier in the day, make a simple syrup with the water, sugar and cinnamon. Heat it all up in a saucepan until the sugar and cinnamon are dissolved. Be careful not to let it boil. Let it cool completely. Then when cooled, mix with cold Sangria (taste check it to get it as sweet or not as sweet as you like, I use all of it with a box Sangria). Add orange slices and let it sit in the fridge. The longer it sits the better!!
YUMMO!!! It is the best fall and holiday drink!! I am making a big batch Friday afternoon for our weekend as our best friends from OK are coming for the weekend!! Hope you have a great weekend!!
- I am a stay at home, working Mom. How you ask? I work for a fabulous beauty company as a Category Manager. I love my job because I office out of my home about 80% of the time. The other time I spend working in our customer's layout room, but only about a couple months a year. Even better - my Mom and Stepdad live in our cul-de-sac and Mom comes over every day and watches the kids while I work!! So I spend almost everyday with the kids...and my Mama!! I LOVE IT!!!!
- I am terrified of driving any motorized vehicles besides a car. No four wheelers, go karts, wave runners, etc! I did not learn to drive until I was 18!
- I could eat Chicfila EVERY DAY...and I pretty much do =)!
- I collect pigs and I name them...here are Marty and Midge =).
- I have names picked out for our next child, boy or girl, as well as twins and triplets names, you know just in case =)! If I did not have to be pregnant or have to send them through college...I would have 5 or 6 kids just so I can fulfill all of my favorite names =).
- I am obsessed with Christmas!! I seriously decorate 8 FULL SIZE TREES in my house every year. We have a storage unit just full of Christmas decor!!! We watch Christmas movies all year long in our house (the kids love it)!!
- I HATE DOING LAUNDRY!! Before kids, I would go buy new clothes, socks and underwear for me and Shane just so I would not have to do the laundry!! When we had an apartment, we had a stack washer and dryer, so when we would get behind, there was no catching up in that little thing. We would finally load up ALL of our clothes and sit at a laundromat for a day! Before kids, I would just throw all of the laundry in our spare room so I could be in complete denial =), sad I know! Now I am not much better, but the kids always have their clothes cleaned...I think Shane is wearing a pair of my socks to work today because we are behind =)...I know he is going to kill me when he reads that =). I don't know how he even got them on, but he would rather wear my socks before put a dirty pair on!!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tara - I will give you yours this weekend!
Dallas - See you at church Sunday!
Amanda - I will get with you soon!
Carolyn - I need your address, do you have my email address??
So I was one of the lucky winners on Make Mine a Mojito for her Pay it Forward Giveaway (thanks again for my fabulous cards, I LOVE them so much I don't want to give them away =))!! She won on Preppy Little Dress....and the game continues!!!
DA RULES: The main focus is doing an act of kindness without expecting anything in return other than that the recipient will, in their turn, pass the kindness along and pay it forward. I will send a small, fabulous gift to the first 3 bloggers who post a comment on this entry (if you live in NWA, I will get it to you in person =)). In turn, those three will post this information and pick 3 people they want to send something to and then the game will continue!!
If you are interested in participating, be one of the first 3 bloggers to leave a comment!! The little something you send can be something you made, bought, were given or found, anything you want!! Just a gift that will make the person's day!! You have to promise that you will then post about this on your blog, link back to me, and then send something to the first three people who sign up to play along through your blog. Doesn't this sound like fun!!??
Don't keep us waiting =)......1.........2.........3........4.........5......GO!!!!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Teacher: "Who does Claire usually play with?"
Me: confused: "What do you mean?"
Teacher: "Mostly boys??"
Me: (Oh God, where is this going??) "Yes, she plays with her cousins and brother, and there are mainly little boys that live near us."
Teacher: "We have been just laughing at how much she plays with the boys and can hold her own! She has no problem playing hard and getting dirty! We asked her why is she not playing with any of the girls??, she answered "the girls don't want to play, I want to play""
Me: (now breathing since she has not been in trouble) "Yeah, she knows how to play hard, but she likes to dress up while she does" =)
Teacher: "She looks like a princess, but she certainly does not want to play like one! We get a kick out of the fact that she is always dressed up, but is filthy when she leaves here!"
Me: "Welcome to my world!"
Oh - we have our hands full. We laughed hard over this one!! I asked Claire why she does not play with the girls...
"The girls are boring, they just play in a club, I want to play superheroes with the boys!!"
I can't wait to tell her about this when she is dealing with her own little stubborn little girl one day! =) I took some pics of her today after we picked her up after school...You can't tell that well, but her shoes are FILTHY and look how beat up her feet are!! =)
Nonna always has a surprise for Claire when she comes home from school if she was good that day (bake brownies, paint something etc), so cute, huh?. Well today they made fairy wands out of pretzel rods, icing and sprinkles!! Here is the difference between boys and girls...
Claire - Owen - =)
Who needs a hair cut, has had too many chocolate candies, and pulled the "F" key out of the laptop keyboard???
BTW - According to Claire, below are the following new names for our family:
Claire - Ice Girl - she can shoot ice and freeze things
Daddy - Fire Boy
Mama - Strong Girl
Owen - Sleep Boy - he can make people go to sleep
Cooper and Oscar - The Quick Boys (HAHAHAHA)