Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I am okay with stalkers!!

So...this whole blog thing is tons of fun...and weird at times too. I just realized today (thanks to one of my greatest friends from the past =)) that I really don't know who or how many people are looking at our life, in ALOT of detail!! And you know what...I am okay with it!! I do this for a couple reasons: 1. A place to store all the memories for my kids, 2. Meet new people, 3. Sometimes a place to vent! When I think about going private, I would miss out on #2, and that has been one of the best parts of blogging!! To my some of my favorite bloggers /commenters - Don't you agree?? How do you feel about this? Do you ever get the heebie-jeebies sometimes too??



So with that said, I love my silent stalkers, I mean readers =), but I would love you even more if you would comment and let me know you are checking us out!!! If you have a blog, I would love to check you out too!! Now, there are couple of you out there that I KNOW are reading and not commenting and I could call you out, but you caught me in a good mood tonight and I will just see if you catch my drift =)!! One day, I hope to show this to Claire and O and they will see how many people enjoyed reading about them and the sweet comments they left on each post....cue guilt trip...Wouldn't you love to be apart of it??



What is a post without insanely cute pictures??? Here are some randoms that never made it out here...
Before I finish, THANK YOU SO MUCH to some of awesome readers that ALWAYS comment and I LOVE you for that!! Thanks Tara, Lane, Brittney, Carolyn, Jessica, and now Amy and Maggie!! Also, there are a couple of you out there that I just met that have been awesome too!! This is what this is all about and you all make it worth the while!! This is for the kids, but the sweet things everyone had to say on the post about me and Shane, literally made my day and I cannot tell you how happy it made me to see such sweet comments!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!



I told Tara and Lane, we are going to have to plan a "Blogger Vacay Weekend" one day so we can actually meet everyone!! At this point, I think we are all linked together!!!

Ciao!

15 comments:

Tara Gibson said...

Horray for stalkers! Haha. That pic of claire and o hugging is adorable!!!

Brooke Bertalan said...

Whatever you blogger-heads! I will start leaving more comments. Geez.

Brittney said...

That picture of them hugging is priceless. It must be framed somewhere in your house...this is an order.

A MAC said...

Ok Rach - I'm leaving a comment so you wont lump me into the stalker category, ha ha

Maggie said...

I'm with you!! =)

Not only can blogs be a fun online scrapbook (as well as a fine stalker hangout!), but you can also create awesome blog books too of all your precious memories!! Here's a WONDERFUL example:

http://thepigbear.blogspot.com/2008/01/smiles.html

So forgive me if I ramble on about some uninteresting topic on my blog - just chalk it up to a fav memory that I want to store in my future family blog book!! =)

Brandi said...

Hello there! Ok ok, I'm busted, I'm a stalker, um I mean reader of your blog. Although I've just recently gotten into the whole blog world. I love to go out and read about other people's lives. It intrigues me. A lot of my friends don't have blogs so I have to see what's going through others.

Sometimes I think my life is crazy or maybe I'm crazy, but then I read about others and you know what, it makes me feel pretty normal.

I like to refer to myself as a blog surfer not stalker. :D

Lane said...

Can I get an AMEN!! I need to do a post about the same thing. Although it's scary to think of who reads it, it's much better to think of the good friends you will "meet" if you don't go private.

Kristy said...

I agree! I wish I could get comments from everyone who reads, so I can get to know their blogs too!

I love blogging so much, because of the feeling like you can vent to your friends, even though we've never met! =)

amy (metz) walker said...

I'm in for the blogger vacay!!! ;-) I wouldn't go private either because I've met some awesome people. You start out thinking that only your mom will like reading...and instead, you meet great people that you never would have known otherwise.

Good stuff!

Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...

I think that's just what I needed to write my own call-your-stalkers-out post! It drives me bananas to know there are lurkers not commenting! Meanwhile, this is my first comment on your sweet blog...

Your kiddos are presh--I can't wait to see them in their super-cute B&C goodies! =)

Mojito Maven said...

Thanks for the blog love!

I have also added you to my follower list!

P.S. Love the name Rachel, but maybe that's because it's very similar to mine (and I'm glad to see you spell it with an "el" not an "ael" :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Oh I so agree! I never knew what this bloggy world held until I entered it, but so glad to meet new people and keep up too!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, such cute pictures of Claire and Owen on this entry. Love the one of her in that silver leotard. She is sooooo tall. I think she resembles her Aunt Tara more all the time.

Unknown said...

I am all for meeting all of you in person! How fun would that be!? I love the picture of Claire in her fancy ballerina get-up...they are so sweet!!!

In This Wonderful Life said...

I just came across your blog and it is super cute! When I saw this post, I thought I'd say hello :) I love the layout as well! I am a Razorback but I live in Tulsa now. Let's see...what else..where do you work from home? That is awesome! I've not been blogging for long but I think my link should come up with this comment. ~ Megan :)