Friday, September 4, 2009

Ungrounded!

So, we had a little bit rougher first week of school than planned. Apparently, our sweet Claire bear felt the need to hold her own at school and had an issue keeping her hands to herself, i.e. - giving Indian burns, and pushing in the lunch line last week =). Shane and I were shocked (okay, not shocked, Claire is a firecracker, but seriously the first week of school??!!) and put down the hammer. Claire, I should say we, has been grounded since last Tuesday and had to go all this week with a good behavior report everyday before she got her TV, DS, etc back. We all laugh about it now as it is pretty funny that the cute girl with the big bow and cute dress is a big meanie, but when it all went down, Bree was only 5 days old and I was an emotional mess. I was so afraid she would get a bad rep and her teachers wouldn't like her. The good news - Shane actually works with the husband of the assistant Teacher in her class and she told Shane that they love Claire, think she is a doll and hilarious...THANK GOD!!!!! Only Claire would give me this kind of stress at 5 YEARS OLD!!!!!

Well I am happy to say that Claire came running to me today after school and started doing the "I am not grounded!!" dance =)!! She was sooooooo excited and we are so proud that she has managed to make it through the second full week of school without hurting anyone =)! Here is the funny part...

Shane and I were promising her EVERYTHING if she would just straighten up at school! Well, Claire got an Easy Bake Oven for her bday and we put it away for later since she got so much AND to be honest, we were not quite ready for Claire to be "cooking" us stuff =). Soooooo she asked Shane one night (when she was going to bed at 7:30 =)) if she is good all week, can she play with her "Microwave thing"? Shane, said yes, and I warned him that was his thing and I did not promise that........welllllll guess what they did this afternoon???
Other things going on.....Owen's closet door handle is missing on the inside side of the door. How did we find out? I hear this faint crying from upstairs where Owen is playing in his room alone. Shane runs upstairs, can't find him....finally he realizes he is in his closet STUCK!!! Owen was so upset...but it was kind of funny =). I mean, he is the one that removed the handle and we have no idea where it is?????
Bree - was practicing her model poses while aunt Tara was holding her...such a little doll baby!!!!
Tomorrow is Owen's big birthday party!! ROAD RASH 2009 OWEN'S BIRTHDAY BIKER BASH! Stay tuned for MANY pictures!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Madison Sanders said...

Oh no. Looks like your going to need lots of patience to deal with Claire in the coming years.

Brandi said...

Funny!! I love hearing about Claire's school days!! I know you are probably embarrassed as a parent but I think it's funny and I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with a stinker. HEHE!!! Love the closet story too! Lots of excitement at your house!! So fun!

Hilary said...

Hi Rachel, I wanted to say that I just love your blog. I was wondering where you found the hair bows for Bree? I have been looking for these for a friend of mine who is pregnant with a soon to be fashionista, much like Miss Bree and Claire. Would you mind sharing where you found the girls hair accessories?

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

I'm so glad Claire had a better week! I love her easy bake...it brings back so many good memories!
The pictures of Owen and Bree are just precious!

alyssa said...

gggiiiiirrrrrrrlllllll!!!!!!!!! that sounds like halle!! they are peas in a pod!! glad she got her microwave back :)

Unknown said...

hahaha Yay she finally got to play with the present i got her! that is hilarious about Owen! Winston does that all the time.. haha

amywelborn said...

So funny!!

Becky said...

I care barely believe my eyes, Shane Brown in the kitchen cooking. Soooooo cute. Claire, Owen and Bree stories, are what I look forward to on this blog. My grandkids are beautiful - aren't they? :)

In This Wonderful Life said...

both of those stories are both sad but funny!! I can't imagine Claire being mean to anyone!...maybe a little sass?! Bree might just be a model!!

cannot WAIT for the party pics!!!