Monday, June 2, 2008

Owen...a true ROCK STAR!

Most of you know, I come from a family of all women. I never imagined having a boy, I just knew I would have all girls, just like my Mom. I didn't think I would know what to do with a boy. I first had Claire and she was the angel I always dreamed of, a mini me =) LOL. Claire was a perfect baby, and even though now she could probably argue with best politicians ("Dresses would be required everyday", "Daddy TV shows would never be allowed on TV", "The only music allowed on the radio would be Fergie, Dannity Kane's Damaged, Gwen Stefani, and soon David Cook", "Chicken and French Fries, and Spaghetti would be the only dinner served, along with cookies and donuts, but donuts ARE NOT breakfast food","The only flower planted would be purple", "There is no age too soon to wear mascara", "Wii playing time is at least 12 hours a day" and the last law "You will be allowed to play dress up any time of the day or night, no arguments "), she is my sweetie and my little pal.

Then we found out we were having a boy!! We were all so excited for Owen, how is he going to be different?? Mom was so excited to watch him for us and learn how to raise a little boy with us!! Owen was everything I expected and so much more!! But there was so much I could have never expected too. He is a Mama's boy and loves me more than anything (Nona and Daddy are close seconds, but nothing is before his Mama) Everyone told me it would be that way, and I was still surprised. Everyone told me that "Boys are so different from girls, he is going to rock your world" (Becky Brown I am talking about you =)). I admit, I didn't believe them, NOW I DO!!! Owen never, I mean NEVER, stops!! I could write post after post about Owen's wonderful adventures in making Mama and Nona crazy, seriously CRAZY!! But lately, he is totally pushing his limits!!

This sweet boy is only 21 months and has decided to quit taking naps, yes, I heard the gasps, NO NAPS!! He may occasionally fall asleep in the car when we run our errands or go to lunch, but only for a little bit. Shane can get him to take naps on the weekends sometimes, but it is with a fight. He is still so young not to take naps because he is a complete bear by 7:30 at night. Now, I used to be able to just put him in his crib and he would either play and talk until he fell asleep, or scream and I would have to go get him. Now, since he is as tall as a 2½ year old and 35lbs, he is able to get out of his crib. He has not officially fallen out (I caught him, surprisingly he was scared to death, I didn't think it was possible for him be scared), but we do not want to take the chance of him 1.falling and hurting himself and 2.having to move to a big boy bed (God bless us all when that occurs =)). Claire was taking naps until she turned 4, and even now, she has to have a couple naps a week to rest her pretty eyes.

So, why am I writing this now...today was one of those days.

It is late in the afternoon, Mom has gone home for the day as I am pretty much done working and just checking all of my favorite blogs. She tells me they are watching Alvin and the Chipmunks and I cross my fingers hoping he may drift off for a bit. It is very quiet in the living room, even Claire is not talking (a rare occurrence). So I sneak in there...this is what I see...





Claire is asleep...so sweet that I go back and get my camera. Owen is supposed to be laying down with her, but instead he is running around with her doll stroller, up side down, with his foot stuck in it =).




So I am taking a few pictures of Claire, glance over, take a few pics of him. This is not bad, he could be doing much worse. I go back to take a few more pics of Claire. How sweet... she is such an angel...

Then "Where is Owen?"


Yes, he has, IN A SECOND, climbed on top of my dining room table and is playing with my decor! NO OWEN, that moss ball IS NOT A BALL!! Had my camera in hand, just had to laugh and take a picture. I get him down, put things back together...what do you know, he is off again...

In NO TIME AT ALL, he has now managed to get in the pantry, and start pulling everything out of the trash can!! Barely got this shot...he knows when to bail =), but he still keeps that adorable smile on his face...


Once we got things cleaned up and calmed back down, the afternoon was far from over. He managed to dump an entire bag of cheetos in the floor (the bag that I thought was safe on our bar height breakfast table that Claire was snacking from) and sneak out the front door along with the Pug Cooper, who once he hits the porch, is gone, to go to Nona's house.

When I told you boys and girls were different...

Oh sweet Owen, you handsome blonde baby, your Mama had no idea what was to come...you are a rock star!!

2 comments:

Lane said...

Um, I think it's safe to say our boys are...Heath and Shane clones! LOL! :) Sterling went to drink the shampoo tonight...you can't take your eyes off of them for one second!

Tara Gibson said...

haha. owen is a rockstar. Claire's rules sound good to me! She is one smart girl! : )