Thursday, June 12, 2008

For the birds...

Day 4 of vacation - THE ZOO!! My Dad and Step-Mom, G-pa and Brandi, asked to take the kids to the Tulsa Zoo. So we loaded up and drove over to Tulsa (2 hours). Tara and Nicole came along too. It was insanely hot, but the zoo was nice. We saw quite a few animals and the kids loved it! Claire loves animals, her favorite was the monkeys...Owen had a good time, his favorite was the Animal Sipper cup of pink lemonade G-pa bought him =). I will spare you of all the pictures of animals you can barely see and the view of a crooked part for pigtails, but we did get some cute pictures. The BEST part was the FeatherFest exhibit! They took you in a greenhouse type place, full of TONS of little parrots. You could buy little sticks with bird feed on them and the birds would come sit on the stick...or you and eat the feed. I have not laughed so hard in a long time!! Claire really enjoyed it, but was jumpy. Every time one would land on her, she would be okay for a minute, until another bird decided to join hers then she would drop it and take off running!! So funny!! But nothing was funnier than Owen's reaction. We had to leave the stroller at the door, so he was free to run. His first reaction was terror, he was crying so hard when I was holding him and a bird landed on my stick. Later, he was not as terrified, but he would just repeat "No, No, No, No..." if we would bring one to him. The pictures of him (and video) below will give you the full effect!!

Before you can enjoy the many pictures...yes, I have another BRILLIANT Claire Isabella quote, #5!!

After the zoo, we drove back in to Tulsa and went to have dinner at Outback. Claire was sitting with Brandi.

Brandi starts rocking Claire back and forth (holding on to her because she was cold).
Brandi: "Claire do you like to rock?"
Claire: "Well, I need my guitar!"

Please enjoy all of our wonderful zoo pictures. Please forgive any bad hair, I cannot describe how terribly hot it was, we were miserable!!
Claire looking at monkeys...
Owen looking at monkeys...
This MeerKat was so cute...

"This cup is awesome!"
My favorite, the penguins!!

Elephants...
FREE!!! In the bird place, "Where am I?"
Claire jumpy at first!She goes in for one...
Then it flies, she screams and jumps!!
Still jumping =)...
O and I go in for one, I have to admit, I was not really digging the whole bird thing...watch his face through out these pictures...HILARIOUS!!


Brave Claire goes back for more...
This my FAVORITE picture of the day, you can just see the worry in his eyes as he looks at the birds above him, but still a strong hold on that Animal Sipper cup =)...priceless!!
Claire was doing really well by the end!

Owen: "No, No, No!"
Claire with G-pa and Brandi...
G-pa trying to get Owen to enjoy it...not happening.
Video of Owen's reaction...



Vacation is almost over, but we had a great week!! I am so blessed to have such adorable, sweet children!!!

2 comments:

Tara Gibson said...

haha.. owens faces are priceless! Claire had a love/hate relationship with the birds! haha. good times!

Brittney said...

Claire is your twin! She looks so much like you and is really looking old in these pictures! Looks like you guys are having a fun week! We still plan on coming up for the fourth...so let me know what is a good day to get together! I can tell that Owen, Sterling, and Jillian will have a ball! Actually...Jillian will probably be obsessed with Claire and think she is so cool!