Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Long weekend...we'll take it!

Happy Tuesday!!! Sooooo happy it is Tuesday!!  It was a rough morning that included sleeping in, forgetting backpacks and a certain 2nd grader having a complete meltdown.  Love the long weekends, but getting back into the swing of things is not always easy...but we did have a GREAT weekend!!

Friday night, I let Claire have her two besties from dance spend the night (we missed our other bestie Emma!).  The girls played with their hair, did make up, played dress up, carried Bree around, and fought with Owen.  A perfect night for a group of 7 year olds :)...


Saturday was the first HOG GAME!!  We got two more season tickets this year so we could take the kids to a couple games.  We tailgated most of the day with the Lockridge's and Mom and Jake.  It was HOT, but our Razorbacks won, we were decked out in fun red gear,  and the kids had fun!  Big shout out to mom and Jake for taking Bree after we tailgated so she would not have to go to the game :)...














Sunday, we went out to the cabin.  It was BEAUTIFUL outside!  We rode four wheelers and "roughed it".  Shane and I walked out to his deer stand at one point.  When we got back , I noticed a few teeny tiny bugs crawling on my arm.  I asked Shane to look at them to see if they were ticks...they were seed ticks. Long story short, I was covered in seed ticks (on my jeans and arms)!!! Shane had some too.  So we had to take showers (thank the Lord they have plumbing out there) and change into the only clothes out there, papa's camou!!!  It was really funny, outside of MANY bugs all over me!!!!!  The kids got so filthy and had a blast...










Yesterday was just an easy day of laying around watching a How I Met Your Mother marathon, grocery boot shopping, chili-making, closet cleaning and relaxing.

Totally feels like Fall now!!!!  Loving it....



3 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Sounds like a great weekend, except for the bugs! I wouldn't have handled that well. My 2nd grade daughter had a melt-down this morning too--must be going around. :)

Brandi said...

FUN!! Ok, who made the girls' Razorback dresses??? PRESH!!

Kelly said...

As an LSU fan and SEC fan, I want to wish your Razorbacks good luck this season