Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mid Week Update!

I had a Dr's appt yesterday, my 30 week appt (that does not even seem real)! My Dr is actually on vacation, but I met with another Dr just to check my progression from last time, the lovely weight, measuring, heart beat, the usual. I only gained a pound since week 27, and apparently now that is not enough. I am measuring okay, but they want me to start eating some more protein and put on at least 10-15 more pounds by 37 weeks. I have to admit, I am not really crazy about the notion, but it is for Miss Bree as this will help prevent preterm labor. Apparently, low weight gain can induce labor. I have been having blood sugar issues in the middle of the night (I thought it was because of all the Tylenol I have been taking for this insert your favorite cuss word here toothache that I am in denial from), but apparently I am experiencing some kind of syndrome where I need to get up and eat!! So, now at 3am, I have to get up and have a nice, hearty snack. I have a feeling the weight is going to come on no problem =)! She is very active and was literally kicking and fighting the heart beat detector thing (you would think being my third kid I would be more technical savvy, NOPE). We go next week to see the little angel baby in the cool 3D / 4D ultrasound! Can't wait!! We then go back to the Dr in 3 weeks for my final ultrasound (hopefully) to check the fibroid tumor, go back the next week to see him again and start checking for progress...REAL PROGRESS!! Can you believe we are almost there!!?? Shane and I had to officially sit down with our calendars yesterday and make sure everything was planned accordingly with travel, etc. She is going to be here very VERY soon!!! If you saw her closet, we are starting look ready!! I even bought the baby bag this past weekend and something about that, made me very anxious! I will post pics of the nursery hopefully next week as we still have some final touches...

We have been REALLY busy this week with VBS! Tonight is the final night and I will post pics tomorrow of the kids in their VBS shirts and all the festivities tonight! Tonight Claire is having her very first sleepover with her buddy Halle that has tagged along all week with Claire. Big deal for a 5 year old!!

Here is a pic of the girls Sunday night, the first night. Owen went too, but he was asleep when we got there...

After VBS Sunday night, we went and watched the Fireworks show at Mom and Jake's church - here are the kiddos before the show sitting in the back of Shane's car...Here is where Owen sat during the show =)...tough guy huh!?

14 comments:

Tara Gibson said...

i cant believe she is going to be here so soon! love the pics of the kiddos. Owen cracks me up

Jessica said...

Owen looks so cute hiding from the fireworks. Can't wait to see the 3D pic. Glad the kids had fun at VBS.

Suz said...

Okay, I have to say I'm a little jealous that your Dr is telling you that you need to gain more weight.. Yeah, I never got that perscription! ha! You are getting so close! I can't wait to see pics of the nursery!!!

Madison Sanders said...

I'm sure evrything will be just fine! You don't want preterm labor...my mom had that. It was not good.

Kim at Scarlett Boutique said...

That picture of Owen, HILARIOUS! The 4th of July oughta be very interesting...

amywelborn said...

I wish I had a dr. that had told me I needed to gain weight...i was the opposite...I gained too much!! Lucky you!!!
Can't believe she's almost here! Crazy!

Ashley said...

I am so glad to hear that all is good!! I will come over and eat with you! HA, I am hungry all the time nursing and all I want to do is lose some LBS!!!! Think about me at 3am, I am up feeding! Can't wait to hear more, the pics of the kids are precious! Have a blessed week!!!!

Maggie said...

Everything seems to be coming along - QUICKLY!! Eat up, girl!! That's a good thing... at least they didn't say you're gaining too much weight. A good prob to have to not be heavy enough - and like you said, very EASY to fix!! haha

Great pics - O reminds me of Jonah! LOL

Lisa said...

so close!!! I can't believe she is almost here and I CAN NOT WAIT to see her whole nursery!!!
Love the pics of the kiddos,of course! Oh and ck out my post today about your mom's boutique. I posted a pic of what she made for me. I LOVE IT!!! She is so talented! I think I'm going to have her make of those crown bow holders next.
Have a great 4th weekend!
Lisa

Lisa said...

"ONE" of those...(hehe)

alyssa said...

i can definitely help you put on some weight!! where do you wanna go eat!! thank you so much for inviting halle & i hope she is being good for you right now!!!!

In This Wonderful Life said...

Sorry about the tooth! I HATE that. WOW though, I'd LOVE to be told to gain some weight! glad the appt went well overall!

LyndsAU said...

10-15 lbs. wow! that's awesome to hear :) ha! I would be like "OK NO PROB!" I am not eating enough protein either but apparently I am eating enough of whatever! :) ha!
can't wait to see some 4-D pics! She will be here so soon!

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

I'm so glad you and Bree are doing great...I look forward to seeing more 3D pictures of her!

Sleepover's are the best...my kiddos just love them!

Cute pictures of Claire and Owen!