Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bree Leighton...take 2

So, last week when I went by the ultrasound place to pick up my DVD of our visit, they informed me that they were not happy with the outcome of our pictures and footage and wanted to give us another visit for free!! We were so excited. We were okay with the previous shots, they were okay, not great, but we were just happy we got to see Miss Bree again. They booked us with a different sonographer this time and she just happened to be the same one we see at Dr. Hannah's office. We knew she is good and she knows us as well considering we have had multiple ultrasounds with Bree to check up on her. So tonight we went back with more family and got to have another peek at our sweetie!! Let me tell you, we hardly saw her at all last time!!! This time we got such great pictures and learned so much more about her!!! If anyone is here locally, I highly recommend going to "What's Kickin?" and book your appt on Thursdays so that you can have the same person view your baby, she was unbelievable in the shots she showed us and the pictures she got!!!! Since she knew us, she snuck in a few measurements to see how Bree was measuring since all the views we were seeing that she was VERY chubby and already had rolls and dimples....Bree measured in at a whopping 5lbs, 5oz....she is supposed to be about 4lbs!!!!!!! I have a little butter-ball rolling around inside me....and when I say rolling, she has now turned breech! I am trying not to worry as both Claire and O did the same thing and they both turned down once it was time. The other awesome thing was we got to watch so much more in 4D and it was crazy to see how much this time she looked like Claire and me. There was a couple times, I actually said "That looked just like me!". She is going to look JUST LIKE her big sister. We were all just loving her HUGE cheeks, chubby arms, legs and belly. I swear it looked as if she was storing for the winter in those cheeks!! They actually rolled over her chin at times =)...Here are a bunch of pictures of our sweetie....again =)!

This one is by far my favorite, I know they are hard to read, but she is turned to the side, you can see her eyes, nose and one CHUBBY cheek! She also has her hand in her mouth...this looks just like my baby pictures. That is not hair you see on the top of her head, but a shadow. She did get some better shots of her head this time and there is actual hair that is long in the back and a bunch of thick hair matted all over her little head =).
This one is blurry, but same side, laying her sweet head on her fist / wristAnother chubby arm shot in the middle, if you look close you can see the fold in her wrist. I am not joking, little girl has dimples in her elbows and thighs and folds at every crease!!!!This one is hard to see but she is kind of smiling and her head is tilted to your right...CHUBBY face and arm...Okay, I love this one - it is just of her body - she is sitting down, her legs in front of her and her arm across the middle of the picture - look at those legs!!!!!Her hand is in her eye in this one...I know they are hard to see - but we are so excited and had such a great time tonight!!!! The sonographer kept telling me that she was hard to see at times as she was trying to snuggle up on me and bury her face in her Mama! I swear for the first time it really hit me that she is a real, sweet baby inside me and is ours!! I know that sounds strange and some of you can relate to this, but when you are pregnant, especially for the third time, everything is just a routine and you stay so busy preparing. Tonight, I really got to see this sweet angel and her little life inside me and become so thankful we have her and are going to see her so soon!!! God is so good!! I cannot wait for her, even if she is the size of a kindergartner =)!! Have a good night!!!

11 comments:

Madison Sanders said...

She is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! I bet the kids loved getting to see her too. :)

My mama didn't get anything like that when we were born--that was almost 20 years ago. Technology has come such a long way.

Brittney said...

Oh my word Rachel! i love these pics! they are precious and I am so happy to see them! Seth is going to be so mad at you thought because seeing these pics of Bree is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO giving me baby fever! I am one of the few that absolutely loves the newborn stage...and i am jealous of your new baby! yeah for you and I am so happy that everything looks amazing! Cant wait to see you guys soon!

Ashley said...

Rachel, they are beautiful! I am so glad to hear they redid those for you guys, that was really nice! We are praying for you and hope all is good! I can't wait to see you, I want to bring you dinner soon... so lets talk dates! Lots of love and hugs!

Lisa said...

HAHA I LOVE IT!!! All I can say is what a blessing! What a miracle! She is going to be beautiful just like her brother and sister...AND MOMMY TOO!!!

Maggie said...

So exciting, Rachel!! She has my cheeks!! LOL

I know you guys are bursting with excitment... time has flown by and now that she's almost here, does it seem like it's slowing down more because you're so ready for her to be here?!

Suz said...

How wonderful! We went to Whats kickin too.. They are great! I love all the pics of your girl! Precious!

Becky said...

I enjoyed looking at your blogs. You are a busy woman!!! I don't see how you do it all. Another girl...how exciting! If you don't care, send me your email address and I will send you some prices.
Thanks, Becky

Jessica said...

She looks like a real baby. How neat is that. I think she looks like Owen - you would know best. Can't wait to meet her. Have a great weekend!!!

Heather said...

These are so precious! Are you just about to burst with excitement? I can't wait to see her and I know you can't wait either!

Tara Gibson said...

she is going to be soooo cute! I cant wait to meet her sassy self

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

I can't get over the clarity of the pictures...they are awesome! She's such a cutie...love the profile shot!