Monday, July 13, 2009

Family Weekend!

This weekend was a great one!! It hit me last week that we only have a month until Claire will be starting school (WAHHHH!) and Bree will be making her arrival...very few summer weekends left!! So I wanted to start planning some fun stuff and making the best of our summer.

Claire and I started our weekend by getting pedicures Friday afternoon. I have created a monster in Claire that she will not let me or Shane touch her toes, only the pedicurists =)! So she was in desperate need of a good trim and polish and I am ALWAYS up for a good pedicure! That night, Shane's office had a fun night planned for us at the Natural's Ballpark. They are corporate sponsors of the Minor League Team and they had a night for the whole office and their families to come out, sit in a suite and watch a game. The kids had a blast and it was really a good time. Owen was in heaven and even made some friends =)...

Saturday we did not do much. I have been suffering from a cold and cough that would not go away (there is nothing worse than having a cold and SWEATING at the same time, stupid summer colds). So we took it easy Saturday and I am feeling much better. We did make some yummy brownies =)...

Then Sunday I was feeling much better and we decided to go swimming at my Dad's pool. Claire loves to swim and was a little fish! She was jumping in and having a ball. Owen on the hand, was not a fan and liked the hot tub =). I highly recommend the floaties the kids are wearing, they were awesome and neither kids minded wearing them (bought them at WM). Cute pictures below...

Hope you had a great weekend!! Tomorrow is me and Shane's 8 year Anniversary! Time has flown by...2 and almost 3 kids later =)!

20 comments:

Lea Liz said...

Happy Early Anniversary!

Your kids are adorable! I love the floaties!!

Tara Gibson said...

love the pics! Those floaties are pretty cool!

gosh 8 years! thats crazy!!

Lindsey said...

Awww what a fun weekend! Sweet pics!

Brandi said...

Your kids are sooo cute! Floaties are way cool and happy 8 years!!!!

Nessa said...

Oh my goodness, the brownie pic of O is just wow, he looks so grown up there (to me) daang- but still a cutie! =)

alyssa said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!

Madison Sanders said...

Looks like a great weekend!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

What a great weekend! Great photos!

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Happy Happy Anniversary..............

amywelborn said...

I was looking for some floaties like that!! They seem safe!
Happy Anniversary to you and Shane!!

Girl Meets Beau said...

8 years! How amazing!! And I can't believe how fast your pregnancy is flying by!

Love your pics! And Claire's sunglasses are too cute. I also love the floaties! What a cute idea :)

Lisa said...

I adore your kiddos, they are so stinkin cute! WOW 8 years, congrats!!!
I keep forgetting to ask you, where did you get your pillows for your couch??? (kind of random I know. I saw them in a picture a while back and decided I NEED them for our new couch/chair/LS)

Happy ANNI!

Hailey HRH said...

i just want you to know that you have the cutest children. the cutest home. just the cutest little family in the world! i love your blog!! and your sister tara for introducing it to me!

LyndsAU said...

oh my gosh your kidies are just so cute!! claire in those glasses is awesome. she is such a precious little diva! :) love it!

Suz said...

Oh how I love pool days! Claire is too precious on the pool mat all relaxed... Owen is so stinkin cute in the last pic!

Happy Anniversary!

Maggie said...

Love the floaties!! We'll have to get Jonah a set of those!! =) Super cute pics.

Happy Anniversary!! Time flies!!

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

Great floaties...I'm buying some for my kiddos tonight! I love the pool pictures...Claire's glasses are adorable!

Congrats..I can't beleive it's been 8 years already! Happy Anniversary! LOL

In This Wonderful Life said...

hope it is a happy anniversary!! looks like a super fun family weekend :)

morewineplease said...

I have never seen those kind of floaties... they look great, the diva must have some!
Fun weekend!

Jessica said...

A Naturals game sounds like fun. My mom is coming into town in 3 weeks and I think I'm going to take her to a game. Also, what a fun weekend at the pool - love Claire in her sunglasses and zebra swimsuit. Hope anniversary!!! Did y'all do something fun?