2. Realize schools are closed and that the roads are bad. Had to cancel our Monthly Kitchen Queens party. Me and Owen have a nutritional breakfast of Fully Loaded Baked Potato Lays and Chocolate teddy grahams =). BTW - Feeling much better now!!
3. Remember that Claire spent the night in Fayetteville with Tara (that's why it is so quiet=)), call Shane to set up a time to run other errands (I refuse to drive on bad roads) and go pick up Claire.
4. Bundle up to go with Shane, run a very bundled up Owen across the street to Mom, football in hand that he refuses to put down. I am sure Nonna is thrilled to see us come in with the football in her nice clean, calm home.
5. Shane and I had to get some papers notarized. Go to the bank, deal with older lady that looks and acts just as happy to be out in the cold as we do. She notarizes everything.
6. Get back in the car, head out towards Fayetteville to get Claire, realize nice lady forgot a form.
7. Go back to bank, get notarized again.
8. Go pick up Claire.
9. Drive back to Rogers, pick up lunch and head back to Mom's.
10. Shane leaves to go back to work, we eat lunch with Mom.
11. Bundle up me and the kids, Owen with stupid football in hand (do you know how hard it is to carry a 40lb child, bundled up, along with yourself bundled, with a FULL SIZED FOOTBALL), walk across the street in 14 degrees. Claire is dragging (obviously did not sleep much with Aunt Tara), Owen crying as he wants to kick the football across the street...
12. Get up to the garage, put in the code...doesn't work. Try again, doesn't work. THE GARAGE DOOR CODE THINGY DOES NOT WORK AND I DO NOT HAVE A KEY. IT IS IN THE HOUSE! Both kids are bawling at this point as they are COOOOOOOLLLLLDDDD!
13. Walk back across the street to Mom's, completely numb. (Thank God Mom lives across the street)
14. Call Shane to find out he can not let us in for awhile. Our van was in the garage, couldn't go get it, and we did not have car seats to go with Mom (plus the roads were bad).
15. Owen falls asleep on Mom. Claire falls asleep watching Spongebob.
16. I eat my weight in Twix.
17. 2 hours later, Shane comes home and lets us in.
18. We get home, kids are insanely wild, they got their naps.
19. I am working in my office. Owen is running around with a football helmet on backwards, Claire is putting her baby to bed.
20. Suddenly I hear INSANELY loud pulsing static! Then I hear Owen screaming bloody murder!!!
21. I run out of my office into Owen on his way there, football helmet over his eyes and he has no idea where he is going. He is scared to death and I still don't know where the sound is coming from. He is holding a large pole (don't even know where it came from).
22. Holding the howling monkey, I walk up the TV and realize the TV is making this LOUD sound. I turn it off. Owen has completely lost his mind and is pulling my hair trying to keep me from touching the TV.
23. I turn the TV back on and it is fine. I am pretty sure the pole had something to do with it.
24. Owen will not go into the living room now. He goes upstairs with Claire, who somehow was oblivious to the racket downstairs.
25. 5 minutes later, both kids are bawling.
26. I run upstairs to Claire holding her head crying and Owen laying on the ground, with a handful of Claire's hair, crying so hard, he is not making sounds.
27. After much persuasion from Claire, I find out, Owen was "not playing the game right" and she would not play. So he pulled her hair and she proceeded to punch him in the stomach.
28. It is only 4:30...what else is to come!!!???
Is it wrong that I am craving a margarita???!!! Poor baby, he or she is hearing this chaos and thinking "What in the world have I gotten myself into??!!" =) Hmmm I wonder if it will look like this....
or this...What do you think?? Here's to a better night with a Lemon Lime slush from Sonic...non alcoholic!