Friday, July 4, 2008

You know you are a Mom when...

...you have to be held back from giving it to a group of teenagers that are setting off fireworks right near where your children (and others) are OBVIOUSLY scared and uneasy as it is watching the big fireworks show...
Yep, I was ready to knock some heads =). Last night, we went to watch the Rogers Fireworks show and we parked where we always have for years, in the old high school stadium parking lot. Claire was very very anxious and not really sure about this whole fireworks thing, but was trying to get excited about them. Owen, from past experiences, did not like them and holds on like a baby monkey =). So we are watching the show last night, Owen in my lap, seems to be okay, and Claire sitting in the front seat of the van, but with the windows down, actually enjoying it. Sterling came with Keith and Becky, he was sitting in his Nana's lap, just fine. Then all of a sudden, we hear a round of fireworks go off just to the left of us, you know the really really loud ones that almost hurt your ears. The ones that are not even pretty, they are just set off for noise, RIDICULOUS!! Before I know it, I am stomping right over there, Owen on hip, ready to "politely" ask them to refrain from their show until after the big show as we have young children watching. But, Mom and Shane made me come back and did not let me say anything, they were probably right saying that I would only worsen the situation if I asked them to stop. So I sat back down and they actually did not set off anymore. After I was back in my chair, I had to laugh as I realized that I was up and on my way over there before I even could stop myself as my natural response was to protect my babies! Everyone was giving me a hard time, it was pretty funny! Here are some really cute pics of the kids from last night...
Owen LOVED looking at the football field. There was a soccer team practicing on one end and the minor league football team on the other. He kept going over there saying "Foball..DEEEASSSE" (football, please).
We were so proud that Claire actually held the sparkler, at the beginning of the night, she was hiding.
Sterling was a pro!
Here is Owen watching the show...
...and Claire (she insisted Poppy stay nearby)

We are leaving for our trip (12 hour drive to Gulf Shores) in just less than 12 hours!! Off to pack and get ready!!

2 comments:

Lane said...

I heard about the little "incident"! I would have been right behind you girl! :)

I can't believe Heath put Sterling in that outfit for the 4th...that's what happens when Heath dresses a child!

Unknown said...

haha it was like someone lit a firework under your behind.. thats how fast you jumped up! haha : )