Friday, January 17, 2014

Five on Friday...

What's up buds? Yay it's Friday! Although, I am not even sure I really get weekends anymore.  Our life is so busy right now, I feel like I never stop working on my To Do List. Today I am linking up with the crew for the 5 on Friday link up.  If you want to blog once a week, this is a great way to start and meet all kinds of fun new blog friends!!! I am sure it will be my way to stay up to date on the blog this year with my weekly blog resolution...
So here we go!!!!
  1. Speaking of To Do lists, I have gone mostly digital in 2014. This was a HUGE step out of my comfort zone!  I am a lover of writing things down, using pretty pens, and my personalized planner.  I will never stray from my Erin Condren planner (third year using it), so I am still using it as a calendar to jot my events, meetings, etc in, but all of my To Do Lists are now stored digitally.  I am using One Note and it syncs with my iPad, iPhone, and computer.  We are so busy these days and I feel like I was constantly forgetting something because I did not always have my lists with me.  This was the easiest solution because Lord know, I ALWAYS have my phone!!!  Plus I was able to get my Team on board at work and now I can manage their task lists etc and I can keep work and personal in the same app, but still separate.  Seriously changing my life!!  BUT, what do y'all do to stay organized? Anything I am missing out on that I NEED to know about?
  2. This past Sunday, Shane and I became Olivia Mae's godparents!!  Drew's family is Episcopalian and Livie getting baptized was very important to them, so Tara and Drew had her christening ceremony on Sunday. Shane and I were honored to be Livie's godparents, I mean, I am borderline obsessed with this baby and love her like my own!! We love her and cannot get enough of her.  Every morning when I drop off B at Nonna's, she says "I hope I see the baby today!" I have prayed and waited on my sisters to give me nieces and nephews and to actually have one and another on his way, I know this is one of our biggest blessings!!!!
    I mean seriously!!! Look at that baby!!!
  3. I am in full on "prepare for dance competition mode". For Claire, obviously...although I am sure I could rock that stage :)...kidding (kind of, I practically know all of her dances and WHERE do you think she got it from hahahahaha #weallknowIwouldmakeafoolofmyself ).  Claire is doing a solo this year and that means mama gets a ton more work...blinging costumes, making props, etc.  We are so excited for our Claire and know as she put it "is going to set that stage on fire!".  Honestly, I want to throw up every time I think about my little girl dancing on stage alone, with a panel of judges judging her every more. Literally, someone may have to hold me up when she first goes on.  This shiz is not for the faint of heart.  I mean it was just yesterday she was a little bit dancing....
  4. Bree is a handful these days...not in a bad way, but a mess none the less :)!  She is developing quite the big girl personality and we are constantly laughing...of course where she cannot see us :).  Her new phrase when she is upset with me or Shane? "You are ruining my life!".  We about lose it every time she says it.  Especially when it is for reasons such as last night, we could not find her favorite pair of pajama bottoms....oh the drama!!! Life would not be the same without Bree Brown!  

  5. Finally, a sweet story about Owen.  If he ever hears the national anthem on TV, he insists that everyone, remove their hats if needed, put their hands on their heart, and be respectful.  Love that good ole American boy and he is good heart! This is, rather dark I know, pic of him doing in on the night of the National Championship game :)
Have a great weekend!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your kids are so freaking adorable! You seem to have such a wonderful, fun filled life! Hope your weekend is fabulous!!