Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Top 10 Updates

Holla blogga folks!  How are yall?  I hate that I am behind.  I cannot make the time I need to to blog, but I want to.  Trust me I will figure it out....hopefully before Bree starts school :)...


So I am behind and to make this fun - let's have a Top 10 if you will...Rachel's Top 10 to get her blog caught up...in no particular order...
  1. Shane surprised me with an iPad last week!! WOO to the HOO!!  I whined enough about wanting my own (he got one with his new job) that he finally got me one.  I love it because I can keep caught up on twitter and facebook and of course all the blogs.  I am still trying to figure out the easiest way to blog from it....any advice out there?  Blogpress?  Of course I have pretty iPad sticker on it's way from Erin Condren :)
  2. It is 2 months until Christmas and I am over 90% complete with all my shopping!! I feel like I am in the twilight zone.  I am the busiest I have ever been in my life, yet I am the most organized.  I have ordered everything online and most of the gifts were great deals and personalized.  My goal is to get as much done as possible prior to the season and be able to really enjoy it with the family.  I don't have as much time as I used to so I want to spend it enjoying the holidays rather than stressed.  All I need is the picture and I will be able to order my Christmas cards as well!
  3. I have been trying so many new recipes and here are some of favorites you should definitely try:
Pumpkin Dump Cake - ummmmm hello deliciousness!!!
Source: None via Rachel on Pinterest


STICKY BUNS!! I do have a bundt pan so I made it in a regular baking dish and these were so easy and so good!!


Crockpot Salsa Chicken - SOOOO GOOOOD!!!
Source: None via Rachel on Pinterest


Crockpot Chicken and dumplings - easy and delish!
Source: None via Rachel on Pinterest


Bacon cheeseburger macaroni - REALLY good homemade hamburger helper :)


 4.  My yukon is clean.  That deserves a spot on the top 10.  I put a B&BW deal in it and it smells so good.  Makes my happy.
5. My dogs are clean.  We shaved Cooper and then bathed both him and Oscar Sunday night.  Yall say a prayer for Cooper, I think we are nearing the end.  Right now they are smelling good and I am letting them lay with me :)
6.  We are having the "Brown Kids' BOO BASH" this Friday.  The kids wanted to have a party with their friends, so we are :).  We are going to play games and be wild in the back yard.  Should be fun!
7. Last Friday I had a favorite things party with my friends!  It was so much fun.  We each brought 5 of one favorite thing under $6, and then exchanged.  I got the idea off pinterest.  Tara got some fun pics...






8. Owen was Star of the week last week!!
9.  My company is working with an organization to send over 175,000 Christmas cards overseas to our troops.  So I contacted the Dean of our school and every class is going to make cards!!! I am so excited!!

10. Last, but not least....NICOLE AND AARON GOT ENGAGED!!!!  We are all so excited for another wedding!!!!

Well that was random and if you are still reading, bless your sweet heart!! I need to get back to work as my neck hurts from whipping it back and forth to make sure no one sees me blogging and not analyzing the Halloween holiday :)....happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

Kimberley said...

funny that you are blogging at work! ha!

yea owen!

oh, so what did everyone bring for your favorite things party?? that sounds like fun!! may have to try this!

Aimee said...

Totally jealous that you are 90% done with Christmas shopping! I haven't even started!

That party looks so fun!

Ashley E. said...

So jealous you are almost done with Christmas shopping! I'm getting that anxious suffocating feeling that I'm really behind. Ha! All that food looks so good too!!!

Mrs. J said...

So happy to see you back :-)

I too am so jealous that your Xmas shopping is almost done :) I think I will take your shopping online suggestion and get my hiney in gear!

~Mrs. J~

Anonymous said...

After reading your post I got so jealous about your Christmas shopping. I started looking online. I think that is going to my thing!

A year of Change said...

Wow, way to be on top of x-mas shopping!

Thanks for sharing the food ideas, I'm always looking for something quick & easy.

Do tell about the favorite things party! What a great idea!